January 15, 2014

Trip to the Moon Reaction Paper

            As I enter the new century, I do not have any concept of technology advances involving the solar system. All I know is that we live inside the planet Earth and the moon is very far from where we are. If you were to tell me that you would want to reach the moon, I would tell you that you are completely out of your mind. And if you invited me to watch the movie Trip to the Moon, I would say no but I will accompany you since you are my friend.

            And as I watched this movie, I am contradicting it by saying that it is impossible. Such aspiration and method are nothing but fiction. But then I am realizing that the world is still young, and it can achieve so much more. Every generation produces more brilliant and creative minds. If it was possible to imagine it now, then it can happen in the future. I would not be there to witness it for myself, but I do believe that our curiosity about the outside world can lead to amazing inventions. Then I soon become conscious of the fact that it is 1902 and it is the 20th century which means that a lot of changes are bound to happen without anyone’s permission.

            Who says that man cannot reach the moon? I am amazed that someone has thought about it and about ways to accomplish it. Maybe it is too eager to say that there are creatures living there but who is to prove otherwise? I think the movie can be set as a goal for everyone to try and think about ways to explore our curiosities. Our imagination can take us further if we just step out and transform this into action. We can gain not only knowledge but also experience.

2013-49311
Bernardez, Richelle M.

No comments:

Post a Comment