January 25, 2014

Maybe It Is Possible

Time Travel

Time is gold. This is probably one of the most cliché mottos in life. I have heard this line since grade school, and up until now I still hear this statement. What makes time so precious that they even compared it to gold? When I was young, I didn't know yet the answer to this question. But as I've aged, I came to realize the answer. Time is as precious as gold because it is a scarce resource. The amount of time is fixed. Its amount cannot be increased nor decreased. However, the thing about time that makes it so precious is that once it spent, it can never be retrieved or taken back.

This must be the reason why some human beings are obsessed about time travel, especially travelling back to the past. The reason? What else but correcting past mistakes. I admit that in this case, even I would want to travel back to the past just to correct a mistake. It makes me curious how things will be right now if I just didn’t make that mistake. Would things be better? Would things still be the same? These questions are the reasons why people are eager to develop a technology that permits time travel.

Time travelling has always been just possible in movies or any science fiction piece. However, after watching the video, I realized that there are scientists who are working very hard to make time travelling possible and it seemed that they are nearing their goal. They think differently and have their own theories about time. Oddly, as they explained their theories in the film, what they were saying made sense. This gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, time travelling will already be possible to us humans in the near future.


Sabrina Romasoc, 2011-14690

No comments:

Post a Comment