March 17, 2014

Imelda Romualdez Marcos

Imelda Romualdez Marcos


               My first impression of Imelda Marcos was that she was wasteful in spending her money. In my view, there no sense in spending money through those clothes, jewelry, and shoes of hers. Also, I already knew that she holds her principle firm and steady through any path. Having no idea of her jump start in life, the documentary gave me a lot of information that made me think about the way I think about her.  She was raised along the shores of Tacloban. Before she became Mrs. Marcos, her name was Imelda Romualdez. After some time, many admire her beauty in which she came in her teens. I was astounded that her beauty took her far, which is comparable of what we have today. I was curious to what brought her in the arms of Marcos because of her place which is Tacloban that is far away from Ilocos (Marcos’s hometown). I was not surprised as to why Marcos can’t get his eyes away from her. Eventually, they married and after that, Marcos campaigned as president. This gave a huge impact on the society because of him having Imelda also as a wife, not only did it empower Marcos’s image but also his cast for votes. Imelda, as a woman in her time, persevered in many places just to speak to people and to get their votes on Marcos. This gave me an impression that she was selfless. With her image, she outdid what a first lady would do. The responsibility she burdens to herself was admirable to the Filipinos. It inspired me as well. While the documentary was on going, she shared thoughts on her beliefs and principles about peace, love and beauty. In my opinion, it is as if she made her own philosophy, however I am not the one to judge, but almost everything she said in those were interesting.

               My impression after the film changed my mind about her. She is such an influential person, a responsible wife and a person that holds to what she believes in. The only thing that bothered me is her philosophy in a book she wrote. The way she connected apple to the Computer age of today was somewhat far from her philosophies she spoke of before she said that last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment