November 26, 2013

Reaction to GdaysX


          
                                                         


 Hundreds of words come to mind as I try to describe the talks I heard from the speakers of Google’s GdaysX event. But, I believe one word sums it all up --- HIP.


           The event last November 23, held at Xavier School, San Juan, was all about technology and how it can be used for businesses. Entrepreneurs, teachers and students were among those gathered to participate in the activity. At first, I believed that I would not gain anything from the said event. However, after hearing all the speakers share the importance and use of technology, especially the Google Apps, in making transactions and businesses easier, my perspective changed.
         As I said earlier, the talks can be summed-up into one word and that is HIP. But, this three-letter-word is further divided into three more meanings, and these are as follows:


           H-ighly informative. Even if I was not able to hear all the different lectures in the activity, the first three sessions were enough to convince me how little I know about the value technology has in the lives of nearly all the people in the world.  Sir Henry Uy’s discussion about the various communication tools that can be used for businesses is very enlightening especially to people like me who are very oblivious about the ever-developing modes of communication. These tools, not just for entrepreneurs but for others as well, can make daily transactions easier and faster. Meetings can be done virtually; documents of any kind are made and edited efficiently; dissemination of data and information is done faster and safer. All these and many more are the things I learned from the talks.


           I-nspiring. No words can explain more perfectly what Ms. Gail Tan of Google Philippines shared in her talk than this. The business principle of Google --- “Focus on the user and all else will follow” --- is such a tenet that warms my heart truly. Don’t mistake me for being too sensitive and emotional on such a thing. But what makes me feel this way is how it brings back the value of human interaction and unity against the concept of technology making men cold and impersonal in their daily dealings with others. The video she showed at the end of her talk was one example how technology united strangers in different countries to create one big masterpiece. Musicians all over the globe, without meeting personally, produced a song that symbolized how important the human touch is in a world of machinery.


          P-ractically helpful. Collaboration is made more efficiently through the help of Google Docs as what TJ Resabal, Google Student Ambassador, said in his talk. Such an App is indeed very helpful to busy businessmen and perhaps to all workers this modern time.


           All in all, the GdaysX is an event where one can really learn more about technology and how to use this in one’s work and daily activities. It was indeed HIP --- highly informative, inspiring and practically helpful.


*Credits to Ms. Richelle Bernardez for the photo above


No comments:

Post a Comment