November 27, 2013

GdaysX Reaction Paper




  “Nothing great is ever done alone.” Mr. Herald Uy of GBG, Google Business Groups, mentioned this statement during the event, GdaysX, which was held in Xavier School last November 23, 2013. His talk was about Google for Entrepreneurs; and he introduced it with the word, collaboration. I also believe that in order to get things done efficiently, collaboration is a must.
 Google introduces applications where in people can work together anytime and anywhere. I think this is essential because it is unlikely that people travel long distances just to arrange a matter that can be solved in less than an hour. Google drive and Hangouts have helped even the largest and oldest companies to do their job well.
 As a student, this is very helpful in creating projects and presentations that we often need to do for school. And as we become professionals, we will be involved with more people and more things to deal with so with these, we can accomplish so much in our precious time.

 Before, Youtube was only a site where I can watch music videos and random funny clips. Now, I have learned that it can also be used for business. It helps in finding an audience so that I can engage, develop, and educate them since they are my potential buyers. As a business major, I have learned steps in which I can combine business and this famous online site.

 Aside from Youtube, I can also mix blogging and business. In a business blog, I can have more pages, more chances to be shared, more leads and most importantly, more possible sales. It can also provide helpful information to my readers. Even though my work will begin five years from now, I can see that those methods will still be effective then. Everything is online; everyone is online.
  I may have attended only four sessions in this event, namely, Google for Entrepreneurs by Mr. Herald Uy, Google Drive by Therence Resabal, Youtube for Your Business by Trixie Canivel, and Podcasting and Blogging by Kring Elenzano, but I am happy that the short time became a learning experience for me. The speakers were very knowledgeable in their own topics; and they presented their talk using videos and PowerPoint presentations. They gave a chance for the audience to ask questions at the end of their talk so that confusing things shall become clearer and that more information can be delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment